plural.cafe instance meta (rules rewrite)
Hello folks! @starfall speaking, we spent some time yesterday rewriting the rules section with an eye on making paragraphs shorter and our values more explicit.
They haven't taken effect yet; the draft can be seen at https://hackmd.io/@starfall/plural-cafe-rules-draft
Some things are added to the old rules, not just reworded:
* "blatant advertising" -> "corporate advertising", with a specific exception for self-promotion
* explicitly sex and kink positive, but these must still be content warned appropriately
* explicitly sex worker positive, give or take some legal requirements
* required content warnings section added, with some of the most common triggers we know of
* some changes to the bot account policy - bots must be opt-in, not opt-out, automated posts shouldn't be on public
* more explicit federation policy around suspending some servers that don't block servers we suspend
Feel free to comment and suggest changes here or @ us directly.