plural.cafe instance meta (rules rewrite)
Hello folks! @starfall speaking, we spent some time yesterday rewriting the rules section with an eye on making paragraphs shorter and our values more explicit.
They haven't taken effect yet; the draft can be seen at https://hackmd.io/@starfall/plural-cafe-rules-draft
Some things are added to the old rules, not just reworded:
* "blatant advertising" -> "corporate advertising", with a specific exception for self-promotion
* explicitly sex and kink positive, but these must still be content warned appropriately
* explicitly sex worker positive, give or take some legal requirements
* required content warnings section added, with some of the most common triggers we know of
* some changes to the bot account policy - bots must be opt-in, not opt-out, automated posts shouldn't be on public
* more explicit federation policy around suspending some servers that don't block servers we suspend
Feel free to comment and suggest changes here or @ us directly.
explaination: in citations the books of marx and engels are often shortend to MEW.
random weird bit of very casual ableism
so i see "crutch" as a metaphor for situations of unnecessarily relying on stuff often
but today i saw for the first time "wheelchair" in a similar context. someone saying "help me out of my wheelchair of inactiveness" (as in, help me get active in playing this game again)
selfies and wheelchair pics, eye contact
wheelchair for the wheelchair goddexxes
With riots and internet censorship in iran, there is an increase in tor traffic to be expected.
So if you have bandwidth and data there is an easy way to make your internet connection to a tor proxy with snowflake.
Like sometimes people will throw a “cis” in front of man and that’s the extent of the acknowledgement of trans people — the assumption all issues with men’s sexual conduct are tied to being raised as a man since infancy and having a penis which is just not correct A
All news and announcements for Plural Cafe will appear here, and will also automatically boost popular toots on this instance. Operated by the admin(s) listed above.
Plural Café is a community for plural systems and plural-friendly singlets alike, that hopes to foster a safe place for finding and interacting with other systems in the Mastodon fediverse.